I recently wrote something for my blog “How to Refresh your home without breaking the bank”, and it got me thinking about things that make me happy. While the things in that piece all make me happy, I started to make a list of all the things that I can do to make me smile, and feel good. It seems so simple, yet somedays we forget to check in with ourselves.
So here are a few simple things that make me happy, and they do not cost a dime 🙂
- Smile- yes I have mentioned this before… but it really works. Give it a try right now!
- Compliment yourself- and write it down on a sticky note.
- Tell someone you care about just how special they are- If you have a hard time expressing your feelings, maybe just call and tell them you were thinking about them and wanted to check in.
- Exercise- It doesn’t have to be for an hour, but just 5 minutes of exercise can have a huge impact on our happiness and has been proven to combat depression
- Blast some tunes! We have a dance party almost daily in my house. Its hard to not be happy when your kids are dancing and singing along to Taylor Swift with you 🙂